Jenny Haywood Artworks
Welcome. On the following pages are examples of my artworks and projects.
I have been fortunate to work with a whole array of amazingly talented artists nationally and internationally and have drawn great influence from many of them, as well as from the fantastic places I have had the privilege of living and working in.
Please take a look at my classes and workshops as well as my own work while you are here, and above all, enjoy!
For updates see news blog below.
- A selection of artworks currently up on show at KMF Radio station HQ in Redruth, Cornwall. until May 2017. (Please contact me If you wish to view and are not associated with the radio station or art studios...number above)
- Great articles on my work in the Cornishman and St Ives Times and Echo. Thanks Frank!! Jan 26th and 27th 2017
- I have an exhibition running this month at the Acorn theatre in Penzance. I will be installing this Friday 6th January 2017.
- Preparing for an exhibition next month at the Redwing Gallery and arts center, Penzance opening on 24th November. Details available soon on here and on https://www.facebook.com/Redwinggallery/?fref=ts
- Have a lovely new floor in my studio for the winter; am looking at building an extention on the front soon, effectively doubling my work space and hope to open it up in 2017 for people to visit..exciting times!!
- I am featured in the spring edition of the new art magazine 'Art Spread' which is currently being distributed around the Falmouth Area featuring the work of local artists. Available from a number of shops and cafe's in the town as well as from 'The Art Block' who have set up this wonderful opportunity for local artists to showcase their work Thank you for all your hard work guys!!
- Installed as a 'Live Artist' at the Truro Arts Festival. Working from 10am-4pm on 27th March and answering questions etc at the Truro Arts Company cafe/art shop and workshop venue next door to the Museum. Cards and limited edition framed or unframed prints for sale.
- Sold 'Road through Dead Mines'. Enjoy your new painting Fiona and John!!
- Exhibition of paintings and pottery with Eddie Daughton (indigenous potter) at the Town Mill Gallery in Lyme Regis. Showing 26th Feb-4th March.
- Carving a wooden sign for the Crooked Thicket Project from some Sycamore I have been kindly given.
- Painted a lovely Escher style surfboads design for fluid juice surfboards.
- Halloween Monster Masks at Swamp Arts Cafe.
- Painted a surfboard with a city scape design for Fluid Juice Surfboards.
- Enjoying teaching a series of Life Drawing sessions again this year at Okhampton college for the 6th form class who are all wonderfully talented individuals and a pleasure to work with.
- Painted a very fun octopus design surfboard for Fluid Juice Surfboards.
- Great fun doing a 1 week residential at the Landmark Theatre: Ilfracombe. I was working with their youth theatre groups to make a variety of costumes for their show, a unique and incredibly choreographed development/adaptation of the Swamp Circus show, 'The Wave'. Outreach work with Swamp Circus.
- Painted a surfboard at Fluid Juice Surfboards to be given as a wedding gift which was a real privilege.
- Outreach workshops in paper mache creations and monster masks puppets with Trelander community center.
- Outreach workshop: Monster Masks with Truro Foyer.
- Site decor and craft workshops at 'Playfest' Boscawen park, Truro.
- Monster Masks at Lands End Children's day event
- Touring with Hotch Potch performance's 'Cafe Petite' show as 'Erica', the macabre musical accompaniment to the story. Performances at a variety of venues across Cornwall, Devon and Somerset including Port Eliot Festival and Watchet Carnival.
- Made a giant reel to reel video camera for a stilt walker costume for Swamp Circus walkabout shows.
- Painted a surfboard for Heather Houston at Fluid Juice Surfboards. See Board Art and Illustrations
- Made new costumes for 'The Wave' Swamp Circus show
- Part of an open exhibition with the Lamerton group of Artists in 'The Wharf' arts centre, Tavistock, Devon as part of the Tavistock Music and Arts festival. Showing until 30th May
- Three of my paintings are on show at 'The Front' bar in Falmouth until 14th May.
- Fizzogg Arts up and running: free courses for 16-19yr olds in events and festival art running this summer!!
- Junkyard costume
- Mask making
- Sign making
- Song writing
- Kinetic Theatre: Anamatronics
For details see:
- The logos for Dewerstone outdoor clothing finished and sent off. See Illustrations for pictures.
- 'An Autumn day' sold at the private view. Super!!
- 21st March: opening of an exhibition of paintings 'These Hidden Places' series at Swamp Circus Arts Cafe, Penryn, Cornwall. Thank you so much for all your support!!
- I have been so privileged to have the opportunity to paint a surfboard with Fluid Juice surfboards. What an exciting thing!! Pictures will be up at the start of April
- I am very lucky to have the support of the Volunteer Network and Swamp Circus who are retrospectively assisting with funding and supporting me in my latest venture: setting up a course for young people with Kick Start training which will include an Arts Award. Meeting some amazing artists and performers who will be sharing their talent and looking forward to getting it up and running this summer.
- Green Teens weekend in St Austall was amazing!! The talented young people there made some of the best Monster Masks yet in the two days of workshops. Well done guys!!
- Been mega busy making Wonderflex fish masks and lobster claws for flamenco dancers for the Wave show, by Swamp youth circus. The show will be on tour this summer all over Cornwall. Pictures will be up on the costume section very soon.
- My good friend Ben Coombs at Dewerstone outdoor wear has asked me to design two surf logos for t.shirts to go on sale this summer. Pictures up on the website soon!!
- Just started full time as a self-employed artist!! very exciting stuff!!